Last week I featured this printable treat bag for Valentines Day filled with these tasty little vegan treats. I wanted to create something bite size and super easy to make, and this vegan recipe only requires 6 ingredients.
- 1C Rolled Oats
- 1tbsp Coconut oil (or butter if you want a non vegan option)
- ½C All natural peanut butter
- ½C Icing sugar + tbsp for sprinkling
- ½C Almond flour or ground almonds
- 50g dark chocolate (1 lindt bar)
- Soak your oats in 1C boiling water for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients (but the chocolate) in a bowl. It should be a cookie dough consistency.
- Roll small balls with the circumference of a dime and place them on your pan. They won't spread so you don't need a ton of room between them. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Melt chocolate in a pan over a pot of boiling water. Dip the bites into the chocolate and set back on the parchment paper to cool.
- When the chocolate has dried, you can sprinkle your bites with icing sugar and enjoy!
I like to slightly undercook these so they have a gooey centre, and since all the ingredients are fine to eat raw there is no worry of contamination. But if you want them to be crunchy, bake for 20-25 minutes.
The sprinkling of icing sugar on top is of course optional. It just looks pretty and makes it a tad sweeter since these bites aren’t very sweet. If you’re making them for someone with a colossal sweet tooth, sprinkle them with coarse sugar. Or if vegan options aren’t an issue, try covering them in white or milk chocolate instead of dark.
What’s your favourite movie time snack?