- 2 cups popcorn
- 1 cup candy corn
- 2 bars white chocolate (approx 100g)
- In a bowl, combine candy corn and popcorn. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill with the mixture.
- Melt your chocolate over very low heat, stirring often. If possible, use a double boiler. Don’t let the chocolate get too hot.
- As soon as it’s melted, pour white chocolate over the mixture in each cup.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Remove from liners and leave in clumps for individual snacks, or crumble with your fingers to make a bowl o’ candy popcorn fun!
Truth be told, I’m not a candy person. Give me chocolate any day of the week, but gummies and hard candies I can do without.
Candy corn however….
I know they’re just little nuggets of corn syrup and dye, but there’s something about those sugary triangles (especially when purchased fresh at a candy shop) that are irresistible – especially when paired with popcorn (again something I’m not usually crazy for) and my favourite sweet, chocolate.
Using three ingredients – pop corn, candy corn and white chocolate – this is a fun and colourful treat that’s a great addition to any halloween party.
As I mentioned above, candy corn is about the only candy I enjoy, and I’m not normally a popcorn fan. But I will admit to you that right now, as I write this Monday night with dinner bubbling away, that I can’t stop munching on the stuff.
Psst: I had a dilemma with these photos. I made the batch Sunday and planned to shoot them Monday after work, completely forgetting I had a workshop afterwards until the evening. A HUGE thanks to Ryan for taking the above photos for me!