Pixie Glitter Dusted Almonds
Author: Squirrelly Minds
Recipe type: Appetizers and Snacks
- 1oz white chocolate
- 100g raw almonds
- edible glitter
- pastry brush
- parchment paper
- Optional: food dye
- Use a double broiler to melt the chocolate. If you don't have a double broiler, boil water in a pot and place a pan with the chocolate on top.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use a pastry brush to dip into the melted white chocolate and brush onto half of each almond. Place the almonds on the parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Allow chocolate to slightly dry (about 1 minute) before sprinkling edible glitter on top.
- Let almonds completely dry for approximately 20 minutes before removing and eating.
- If you only have translucent glitter but want different coloured almonds, add a couple drops of food dye to your white chocolate. That's what I did to get the blue almonds.
Last week I told you about my friend’s Indiegogo campaign – Inedible Recipes: Beautiful Food. Crystal took food items and turned them into beautiful inedible delicacies.
This is my favourite photo from her series – almonds painted in girly colours with some sprinkled in glitter. Who wouldn’t want to eat these? So I decided to turn this creation of hers back into something beautiful and edible using three simple ingredients: almonds, white chocolate, and edible glitter.
These are a great little snack/treat that would be so perfect for a little girl’s tea party, hanging out with friends or, ya know, just kicking around on a Thursday night. You could also put them into a little glassine bag for an adorable valentines gift. So let’s grab those ingredients and get to work so you can enjoy some almonds dusted by a little pixie.
Don’t they look like a little pixie flew along and dropped a bunch of her pixie dust all over?
Spread the love