Just over a week until St Patrick’s Day! (It’s on a Saturday this year…that’s dangerous). I’m not usually big into celebrating this day. In my ‘youth’, I would venture out in search of green beer, but nowadays I prefer to kick it back with a bowl of lucky charms. Last year I had the idea to turn them into a dessert and oh man, they far surpass a simple bowl of cereal. With a bit of stove top work and chilling time, these no bake lucky charm cheesecake bars are a breeze to make. Careful, you might be tempted to eat the whole pan. …or is that just me?
I originally had these chilled in the fridge, but the mister had the brilliant idea to put them in the freezer instead. It made for a perfectly crunchy base and firmer cheesecake texture. If you like super chewy, go ahead with putting them in the fridge. Or do what we did and keep half in the fridge and half in the freezer, just to mix things up a bit.
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Cups Lucky Charms Cereal
- 16oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Green food colouring (to 'taste')
- Lucky Charms Cereal Marshmallows
- Line a square 9x9 pan with parchment paper
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat, then add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and well blended. Cook for two minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Add cereal and stir until fully coated.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and use a spatula and/or your hands to spread the mixture evenly and firmly packed.
- Let the base fully cool before adding cheesecake.
- Beat together the cream cheese and lemon juice until soft. In an electric mixer, beat in whipping cream until thick. Add the sugar and continue beating until stuff. Add green food colouring until desired colour is achieved.
- Evenly pour the cheesecake over the cooled cereal base. Freeze for 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
- With the remaining cereal in the box, separate out the marshmallows from the cereal. Just before serving, sprinkle marshmallows and any other sprinkles on top of the cheesecake. Cut into squares and serve.