This is the first year we’re having Christmas with a playroom, and when decking it out I am ALL about the bright colours! These DIY felt ball ornament place cards are no exception. They’re super easy to make, a cute way to tell people where they’re sitting at the table, and double up as a little gift for them to take home and hang on their Christmas tree!
For reals, I whipped up these bad boys in about 2 minutes each. Okay maybe 3 with the hand lettering. If you aren’t going for a bright and colourful christmas theme, you could easily get white felt balls, or go super classic with red and green.
M A T E R I A L S
- Felt balls (I used these ones, or you could go with earth tone or christmas colours)
- White string
- White card stock and a pen
- Scissors and a needle if balls aren’t already threaded
(affiliate links used)
S T E P S
- Thread three felt balls onto a piece of string (ignore this step if already threaded like mine were). Cut string with two inch slack on the bottom and 4 inch slack on top.
- Tie a knot in the string on the bottom and tie a loop at the top. Cut off any excess.
- Cut out a piece of card stock whichever way you prefer (I went for a banner style). Write your guest’s name in the centre. Using fine tipped scissors (or a thick needle), poke a hole on the left side of the paper.
- Pull the top loop through the hole. Either leave as is or secure the loop with a piece of clear tape on the back.
C’est tout! Yep, that easy.
If you’re planning a bright and cheery Christmas dinner, be sure to check back next week for a more in depth look at this super colourful tablescape!