Since I’m a teacher, I feel pretty confident giving you suggestions on what to get your child’s teacher. Here are some of my favourite gifts I’ve received that your child’s teacher will probably love just as much.
1. My pencils always go missing and get lost in the abyss of my students’ desk. One year I received a huge stack of Mirado black pencils and I still use them every day.
I’m loving the idea of giving these weekend pencils as a cute means for teacher to write messages (and count down to the weekend).
2. Honestly, you can never go wrong with fresh cut flowers.
3. Everyone loves a gift card, and ones for coffee or tea places are always a safe choice. Some other suggestions that would be equally as appreciated are: local teacher school supply shop, clothing store, home cleaning service, or a spa/nail salon.
4. Giving wine may seem taboo but it’s not at all, and it’s greatly appreciated. Trust me.
5. Cute little plants in cute little planters are always a sweet gesture. Especially when handmade.
6. One of the sweetest gifts I received was also the simplest: a plain canvas tote my kindergarten student drew all over in marker, including a picture of her and I. Super sweet, simple and inexpensive. You can also screen print a tote or buy one like this to help your teacher cart around all their homework. Oh we don’t just give it, we get it as well!
do you or your children have 3 more weeks or have you finished school, and if so whereabouts are you?