Living on the west coast, we have a huge micro-brewery culture here, especially in Victoria BC. It’s created a lot of excitement amongst beer drinkers, but some are deciding to give it a go on their own.
The mister and a few friends are a few of those who turn their kitchens into mini breweries every few weeks. So I thought, maybe there’s other dad’s out there who wanna give this whole brewing thing a shot! Enter the mini homebrew kit with printable labels.
- A wooden crate or cardboard box with handles
- Printable white label paper
- Printable labels (below)
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Plastic bottles
- Mini bags (I used 3×4 kraft bags)
- Crinkle Paper Shred if you need filler at the bottom of your box
- Brewing yeast
- Malt extract or barley grains
This is a very basic brewing kit just to get dad started. To actually brew he’ll need additional objects like a large pot, airlock and stopper etc. (find a full list here). Either you can give these items separately or let dad pick them up when he’s ready to go.