This post contains scenes from Season 3 of Downton Abbey. If you haven’t started watching it yet you might want to avert your eyes.
The fashion of the 1920’s is certainly one I endorse bringing back. As soon as I saw the character Lady Mary walk down the steps in her simple gown, silver leaf headband and flowing long veil I thought “there’s the wedding trend of 2013”. And let me tell you, it’s a gorgeously simple one.
Apologies in advance for the poor image quality. All images belong to their respective owners. See itv for more.
Things to love:
- The simple white bunting adorning trees and buildings
- The headband of silver leaves
- The floor length double layered veil
- The delicate bead work along the neck line
- The simple, long fabric with a more intricate one over top, tied together with a sash low at the waist
- The long sheer sleeves
- The simple bridal bouquet
- The wedding party of four flower girls, dressed in blush chiffon with flowers in their hair and carrying beautiful peony/rose bouquets
Stunning isn’t it? If these images catch your breath you need to watch the episode.
Next week I’ll have an inspiration board based on things you can find now to create your own 1920’s Downton Abbey Wedding.
*sigh* So dreamy.
If you could have/recreate your wedding from any era, which would it be?